A backyard trampoline is a great place for the entire family to come together and have fun. In addition, a trampoline is also a great source of exercise. With a little bit of research followed by some comparison shopping, it is possible for everyone to find the right trampoline for their needs.
Today, there is a lot of diversity when it comes to trampolines. They come in multiple shapes and sizes and yet, somehow, they are still too similar. They all claim to be the “best” trampoline yet what is right for one person might not be right for someone else. Furthermore, in addition to price and size, it is important to think about safety as well. With this in mind, we have done the research and comparison shopping for you. Take a look at the five best trampolines on the market in 2020!
- Top 5 Trampolines
- Trampoline Types
- Trampoline Sizes
- Spring Free Trampoline
- In Ground Trampoline
- Best Trampoline Brands
- What to look for when buying a trampoline
- Safest Trampoline for Kids
- Trampoline Basketball hoop
- Different parts of a trampoline
Top 5 Trampolines
The Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
This trampoline from Skywalker is one of the most popular options on the market today. First, this is a round, 15-foot trampoline that comes with numerous accessories including a basketball hoop and foam ball. This immediately catches the eye of everyone. In addition to the exceptional safety features provided by this trampoline, the basketball hoop sets it apart from many of the other options on the market. Young children are going to love jumping high into the air, mimicking their top NBA idols, and then slamming is home. This trampoline is simply a lot of fun. In addition, because this trampoline comes with a foam ball, everyone can start playing right away. Basketball is one of the top games to play on trampoline!
One of the major safety features that sets this trampoline apart from the others is the patented piece of technology they include with their trampolines. They have a no-gap system that they received patent protection for. This brings the trampoline nets and the mat flush together. This prevents people from getting hurt because they cannot fall through the springs, making it an option for the best rated trampoline.
In addition, this trampoline has a dual closure system. The trampoline has both a zipper and a latch clip. The latch clip simply keeps the trampoline closed much better. It also prevents the zipper from coming undone. Combine this with the added foam and this trampoline is one of the safest options on the market.
Some of the pros and cons of the Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline include:
- This trampoline includes a foam basketball and basketball hoop
- There is a non-slip jumping map including
- There is a T-bracket construction and design that brings added stability to this trampoline
- The trampoline meets all of the safety guidelines from the ATSM
- This trampoline has a 200-pound trampoline weight limit, limiting the number of people who can participate
- There is no ladder, so if this is desired, it needs to be bought separately
In the end, this is a tremendous 15-foot trampoline that has top of the line safety features that can be found for a reasonable cost. Combine this with the basketball hoop and this trampoline is our pick for the best trampoline 2020 as the top rated trampoline.
The Acon Trampoline Air 16 Sport
This trampoline is one of the larger options on the market. This is a rectangular design that measures 10 feet by 17 feet. It also has a weight limit of 300 pounds, making this a heavy-duty trampoline. This trampoline has also been designed to stand up to adverse weather, featuring a durable construction pattern and design. The springs are among the best features of this trampoline, which is known for its exceptional bounce. This is also an ideal trampoline for anyone who is interested in gymnastics, as the bounce provided by this trampoline is exceptional.
The spring design from this company is exceptional. They stressed the idea of not adding too many springs to the trampoline. They believe that every spring needs to be able to work to its complete potential. Therefore, they were intentional in where they placed the springs, allowing this trampoline to provide a uniform, powerful bounce.
In addition, this trampoline is known for its durability. This trampoline features the strongest frame on the market. The frame is durable, stable, and ensures that no momentum is lost if someone bounces on the mat instead of in the center. This frame design is unique and sets this trampoline apart, making this one of the best outdoor trampolines.
Some of the pros and cons of the Acon Trampoline Air 16 Sport include:
- This trampoline has been made out of steel that will not rust over time
- There are more than 100 square feet of area on which to bounce
- Many people love the sleek, all-black design that is featured by his trampoline
- The spring pad is one inch in thickness and has been made out of comfortable foam
- The mat comes with UV protection, preventing it from fading over time
- This is a great trampoline for an aspiring gymnast
- This trampoline is one of the most expensive options on the market
- The assembly process is prolonged and might take as many as five hours
In the end, those who want to have a lot of space to jump (or who have an aspiring gymnast at home) will want to take a close look at this trampoline. There is plenty of space to do tricks and jumps. While this trampoline is expensive, it also has top-notch features. That is why this trampoline is our premium pick for the best trampoline.
The ORCC 15FT 12FT Kids Trampoline
This trampoline comes from one of the top up and coming brands on the market today. The ORCC brand has become known for its exceptional features and quality. This trampoline option comes in two sizes. There is a 12-foot option and a 15-foot option. One of the top features of this trampoline is that it comes with six stakes. This allows the user to stake the trampoline into the ground, preventing it from flying all over the place and making it one of the best backyard trampolines.
One of the many reasons why this trampoline is so popular is that it is easy to set up. At most, this trampoline will take 90 minutes to deploy. There is a box that is easily organized and straightforward directions to assemble it. Everyone is capable of putting this trampoline together.
The ORCC trampoline also features more than 100 springs that have been made out of galvanized metal. These are some of the largest springs on the market, giving the trampoline a higher bounce while also providing an added degree of stability. This type of consistency is an added safety feature of this trampoline because the bouncer will be able to predict how high and far he or she is going to go. Just remember to wear proper trampoline shoes.
Some of the pros and cons of the ORCC 15FT 12FT Kids Trampoline include:
- This trampoline features a heavy-duty steel frame
- There are more than 100 galvanized springs that will provide a higher, more predictable bounce
- This trampoline also comes with a rain cover, enclosure net, a tool for pulling springs, and a ladder
- The mat has been protected with a UV-resistant coating
- The weight limit of this trampoline is 330 pounds
- This trampoline has not been awarded any safety certificates
- This is not the most durable trampoline on the market
Anyone who is looking for a solid, stable, and predictable trampoline at a fair price should take a look at this trampoline. This is one of the simplest trampolines on the market and will deliver a fun, consistent trampoline experience. For these reasons, this trampoline from ORCC is our pick for the best value trampoline.
The Zupapa 15 14 12 F TUV Approved Trampoline
One of the best-known trampoline brands in the industry, Zupapa has designed an exceptional product. This is a heavy-duty trampoline that has been designed with the safety and happiness of its users in mind. The top priority of Zupapa has always been safety and that is exactly what people will enjoy if they purchase this trampolinem making it a great trampoline for adults and kids!
First, this trampoline has been made with galvanized steel. That means that is has been built to last. The weight limit of this trampoline is 375 pounds, meaning that parents can jump on this trampoline along with their children. There are six, galvanized steel stakes that come with this trampoline. The purpose of these stakes is to keep the trampoline tied to the ground. These stakes are easy to insert over the pools, keeping the trampoline anchored to the ground. These stakes are even wind-resistant, so the trampoline will never go flying through the yard.
In addition, this trampoline also comes with a steel ladder. This is a strong ladder that will stabilize the trampoline as well as the stakes. The ladder has been designed to make it easier for children to access the trampoline without falling.
Some of the pros and cons of the Zupapa 15 14 12 F TUV Approved Trampoline include:
- This trampoline has a high weight limit, allowing parents to enjoy the trampoline with their children
- There is a strong, sturdy ladder that comes with this trampoline
- There is also a strong, galvanized steel frame that accompanies this option.
- There is a convenient rain cover that will protect the trampoline when not in use
- This trampoline is known for its safety, exemplified by its strong, sturdy, steel frame
- When it comes to how to put a trampoline together, this is not the easiest option
- This is one of the most expensive trampoline brands on the market
Overall, this trampoline from Zupapa is a great option because of its exceptional safety and numerous accessories such as the spring hooks, the rain cover, and even the ladder. While the price point of this trampoline is high, remember that this trampoline has been designed to last for years to come.
The Merax 14 FT Kids Trampoline with 14 Ft Trampoline Net
This trampoline from Merax is immediately recognizable because of its bright green color. It is 14 feet in size and can hold up to 330 pounds in weight. This trampoline has been made with more than 70 strong, galvanized steel springs that have been designed to give this trampoline an exceptional bounce. This trampoline has been designed to be enjoyed by not only kids but adults as well. While it isn’t the largest trampoline in the world, it is reliable.
In addition, this trampoline comes with a basketball hoop that kids will immediately love. It attaches to the trampoline using one of its poles. The hoop is safe and secure. It does not fall easily. Just remember that this hoop does not come with a ball. This needs to be provided separately.
Finally, this trampoline also has a strong frame. It has six strong, steel legs that will anchor the trampoline to the ground. The ladder is also made out of strong steel, ensuring it will provide safe transport for people getting on or coming off of the trampoline.
Some of the pros and cons of the Merax 14 FT Kids Trampoline with Safety Enclosure Net include:
- This trampoline has been designed for both kids and adults
- It is one of the cheapest options on the market
- It has a high weight limit at 330 pounds
- The legs are made from galvanized steel
- The safety enclosure has been coated with UV-resistant material
- This trampoline does take a while to set up
- There is no basketball included with the hoop
In the end, this trampoline is ideal as a first option for young children. It keeps kids safe and has a strong frame. It will also stand up to the weather; however, as kids get older, this trampoline will start to feel a bit small. The good news is that this trampoline will not break the bank, as it is one of the cheapest options on the market and one of the best trampolines for families.
The Different Types of Trampolines
Now that we have reviewed some of the top trampoline options on the market today, it is time to delve into the various types of trampolines. Some of the most common options that people might find on the open market include:
- Round Trampolines: These are among the most common. Some of the benefits of round trampolines include that they vary in size, are easy to store, and distribute force across the trampoline easily.
- Rectangle Trampoline: While a rectangular trampoline offers many of the same features as a round trampoline, the shape makes them easy to fit into tight spaces, such as corners and narrow yards. In addition, a rectangular trampoline does not distribute force evenly. Users often bounce higher in the air depending on where they are jumping on the trampoline.
- Fitness Trampoline: These are small, circular trampolines that have been designed for specific exercises. They are ideal for low-impact workout routines.
- Water Trampolines: These are inflatable trampolines and use tubes instead of springs, making them safer. They deflate and store easily when not in use.
- Spring-Free Trampolines: These trampolines have been made without springs, making them particularly safe. They are usually enclosed and designed to provide a safer bouncing experience.
These are a few of the most common trampoline options on the market today.
The Different Sizes of Trampolines
When it comes to how to measure a trampoline, a round trampoline is measured by the diameter of the frame. Some of the most common trampoline sizes include:
- 7ft Trampoline to 8ft trampoline: This is a good size for children who are looking for their first trampoline. This is an ideal trampoline for small yard.
- 10 foot to 12 foot trampoline: This is a medium-sized trampoline and will fit well into most backyards. School-aged children tend to enjoy these trampolines.
- 14-15 ft trampoline: These are the largest trampolines that are still considered to be standard. They fit well in large backyards and work well for teenagers and adults.
It is important to note that there are trampolines that come in other sizes. Anything smaller than an eight-foot trampoline is usually considered to be an exercise trampoline. Trampolines larger than 15 feet are harder to find and are often used for custom purposes.
What is a Springfree Trampoline?
One of the most popular trampoline models on the market today is called a springfree trampoline. This is a trampoline that has been made using plastic rods that have been reinforced with glass instead of typical, steel springs. The rods form a soft edge that bends to the right of the user, allowing the rigid frame to drop beneath the jumping surface.
When it comes to the pros and cons of springfree trampolines, the biggest benefit is that they are safer. There are four main differences that need to be examined. These include:
- The enclosure net of a regular trampoline uses steel poles covered in form to hold up the net. The springfree trampoline uses a flexible net, removing the rods that could lead to injuries.
- The frame of a traditional trampoline is outside the springs. If a jumper lands on the hard frame, this could lead to injuries or force them onto the springs. A springfree trampoline hides the frame beneath the jumping mat, reducing injuries.
- Of course, the biggest difference is that springfree trampoline doesn’t use springs, removing the chances a jumper might get stuck in the spring, leading to injuries.
- Finally, springfree trampolines are more expensive. ON average, they cost around three times more than a typical trampoline.
So, the pros of a springfree trampoline include the flexible net, no springs, and a hidden frame. The cons include the time to assemble it and the cost (Costing as much as $2400). There is only one brand the sells spring free trampolines and that is SpringFree Trampoline. They have the patent on the technology meaning no other brands can make spring free trampolines. If money is not an object than a Spring Free Trampoline is a no brainer purchase.
What Is an In Ground Trampoline?
An in-ground trampoline is a bouncing mat that has been built to be level with the rest of the ground. While there is a perception that these trampolines are safer, this isn’t necessarily the case. People still jump several feet into the air. It is also important to consider the possibility of land erosion and drainage issues. It is also important to consider the maintenance that comes with an in-ground capability, particularly with a higher risk of rust.
That being said, some of the benefits of an in-ground trampoline include:
- It is easier for small children and older adults to get on and off of an in-ground trampoline
- An in-ground trampoline can be incorporated into the décor of a backyard
- They pose less of a hazard to pets
On the other hand, some of the cons include:
- Some families might need to build a retaining wall
- They put a big hole in the ground
- They can impact the drainage of the yard
With this in mind, there are a few options for in-ground trampoline brands. The two most popular options are Berg and Avyna, which can handle custom in-ground trampoline jobs.
What Are the Best Trampoline Brands?
The top trampoline brands share the qualities of brand awareness, product quality, trustworthiness, and value. The top trampoline brands on the market today include:
Bounce Pro Trampoline: Bounce Pro Trampoline is one of the top options on the market for young children. While their products tend to be smaller, they work great for toddlers. They are designed to be colorful, safe, and fun, encouraging kids to go outside. While their warranties aren’t the longest, they do cover the frame and parts.
JumpSport: JumpSport has been around for more than 20 years. This company was founded back in 1995 and is family owned and operated. JumpSport is known for its strong enclosures that have prevented countless injuries. They place safety first and provide great warranties on their products. This is reflected in their strong product reviews which always herald their customer service and dedication to safety.
Skywalker: Skywalker has been making trampolines since 2004. Their goal is to create safe and fun products. They are known for building not only trampolines but other products that get kids outside and playing. Their unique product features include an interlocking base combined with a V-ring that provides added safety and protection for their products. This brand is geared toward children and most of their products come with a 3-year warranty on the frame and one-year warranty on all other parts.
Spring free Trampoline: Finally, one of the most popular brands today is Springfree. The pioneer of the unique design that shares its name, Springfree removed springs from the trampoline to make them safer. They focus on safety and provide exceptional trampolines in a range of sizes. While they are significantly more expensive than traditional trampolines, they do provide a 10-year warranty on their products.
These are a few of the top brands on the market.
What To Look For When Buying a Trampoline?
When looking for a trampoline, there are a few factors to consider. These include:
- The size of the trampoline: How many people will be using the trampoline at once? Also, how big is the space for the trampoline?
- The weight limit of the trampoline: Just because the trampoline is large doesn’t mean it can hold a bunch of people. What is the weight limit?
- The durability of the trampoline: How long is this trampoline going to last? To get a better idea of this, read some reviews and look at how long the warranty lasts.
- The safety features of the trampoline: Of course, it is critical to look at the safety features as well. Look for an enclosure net, a ladder, a lack of springs, and the injury history. Read some of the reviews as well.
These are the most important factors to consider when looking for a trampoline.
Which Is the Safest Trampoline for Kids?
While there are plenty of safe options overall, the best trampoline for a toddler or kids based on reviews and expert analysis is the Skywalker 15-foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline. Skywalker has a long history of producing safe trampolines. This trampoline is large enough for multiple kids at the same time, making it ideal for families. They use a variety of advanced technological features to protect kids from injuries. This includes a tall safety enclosure net that is sewn directly to the jumping pad. In addition, the springs are outside of the net, limiting the possibility of injuries. The reviews of this specific trampoline show that most parents are pleased with the safety features of this trampoline.
The one downside that parents need to consider is that the safety net might have to be replaced every few months if kids continue to jump into it. While this means the net is doing its job, this is something to keep an eye on. For these reasons, the Skywalker trampoline is among the best trampolines for kids.
Trampoline Basketball Hoops: Should You Buy One?
One of the most popular accessories when it comes to trampolines is the basketball hoop. Many parents are wondering if they should even buy one. As a summary, a trampoline basketball hoop is a basketball goal that is usually attached at the top of a safety enclosure, usually to a pole. This is a suitable, accessible, and durable choice for kids who want to pretend they can dunk on a full-size basketball hoop. While the biggest benefit of a trampoline basketball hoop is that this provides another feature that kids are going to love, encouraging them to use the trampoline even more, the downside is that some kids may attempt crazy dunks that might lead to injuries.
With this in mind, a trampoline basketball hoop is a great feature for plenty of trampolines. Some of the top options include:
- The Jump Smaller Trampoline Basketball Hoop, which is sturdy and versatile
- The Lovely Snail Trampoline Basketball Hoop, which is specifically designed for kids
- The Stumptown Sportz Trampoline Basketball Hoop, which is inexpensive and easy to install
Finally, it is time to review trampoline parts, what they do, and where to find replacements. Some of the important parts to cover include:
- The Trampoline Frame: This is the metal exterior and frame that supports the rest of the product
- The Trampoline Springs: In traditional trampolines, these provide the mat with its bounce
- The Trampoline Mat: This is the most used part of the trampoline and makes up the bouncing surface in the middle
- The Trampoline Pads: The pad is used to cover the spring and outer frame of the trampoline, providing a cushion for the harder parts
- The Trampoline Net: The net goes around the outside of the trampoline and prevents people from falling off
Many major companies provide replacement trampoline parts including Home Depot, Walmart, and Amazon. Just remember that many of these parts might be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does a trampoline cost?
A: The cheapest trampoline will cost you around $230. The most expensive trampoline brand Spring Free will cost you upwards of $1500. The average cost of a trampoline is $436
Q: How to measure a trampoline?
A: For round trampolines you measure the diameter of the metal frame. Not the jumping surface. For rectangular and square trampolines you measure the lengths of both sides.
Q: How long does it take to put a trampoline together?
A: Putting together a trampoline will depend on whether you have any experience putting together a trampoline. If you have no experience then I would estimate you will need at least 2 hours. For someone who has put together a trampoline before it can be done in as little as 30 minutes.
Q: Is jumping on a trampoline good exercise?
A: It’s extremely good exercise for your body and health. Some of the health benefits include:
- Increased Bone Density
- Strengthen every cell in your body
- Detoxifying effects that increase lymphatic circulation.
- Enhances your immunity
- Improves Digestion and gut health
- Strengthen Eye sight
- Increase lung capacity for oxygen intake
- Helps promote weight loss
Q: How much weight can a trampoline hold?
A: The exact weight will vary by manufacturer so be sure to check your user manual first. In general though a 12 foot trampoline can hold up to 300 lbs (136 kg); a 14 foot trampoline can hold up to 350 lbs (158 kg); and a 15-16 foot trampoline can hold up to 450 lbs (204 kg).
Q: Can you jump on a trampoline while pregnant?
A: It is generally recommended that you do not jump on a trampoline while pregnant. To be sure it’s always best you consult with your doctor or physician.
Q: How many calories do you burn jumping on a trampoline?
A: The short answer is, it depends. There are so many factors that go into determining exactly how many calories you could lose. On average though jumping at regular speed you could loose around 500 calories an hour. It’s best to use a Fitbit or smart watch to get exact calculations on how many calories you are burning.